Angelus had been an extremely persuasive production for over 125 years. Established in 1891 by the siblings Albert and Gustav Stolz in Le Locle, it made profoundly fascinating watches and developments – that some are known to control the absolute first Panerai 8 days. Tragically the brand was lying lethargic for over 30 years and was just alive in collectors’ recollections. In any case, in 2011, the notable production La Joux-Perret chose to re-dispatch the name and to reproduce an assortment of great watches. The first is currently off the line. It’s named the Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière and it unquestionably merits our interest.
Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière
After choosing to once again introduce the name Angelus, Manufacture La Joux-Perret spent 4 years to build up a pristine watch. We might have expect a vintage-roused chronograph or a re-issue of the well known 8-day development. This would have been excessively basic and anticipated. All things considered, the new Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière is taking hints from 1960s and 1970s travel checks and acquire them an exceptionally very good quality, contemporary and deconstructed architecture.
The Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière is a long way from being a straightforward and traditional watch. The look, the complications and the state of the case and of the development guarantee for genuine extravagance and current aims. Inside the surprising rectangular case sits an imaginative and selective development that comes with the hours, the minutes, a focal bum second (a seconde morte, much the same as Arnold & Son most recent watch, the DSTB ), a direct force save marker looking into it profile and a curiously large, off kilter one-minute tourbillon.
The one-minute flying tourbillon is located in its own sapphire gem feature, on account of a deconstructed case. The managing organ quantifies a huge 16.25mm and sits on a weight-saving and strong titanium connect. A particularly enormous tourbillon requires a predominant measure of energy and along these lines, the Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière comes with two barrels for a 90-hour power hold. The development is done with both contemporary and customary strategies. The primary plate is laser-engraved, silk got done with a bungle design. The two fasteners are also laser-engraved and afterward plated. The remainder of the completions show haute-horlogerie signs, with hand polishings, chamfered points, graining, etc…
Alongside the development, the case likewise brings its portion of interest. Estimating a large 62.75 mm x 38 mm x 15 mm, it is made in a explicit toughened hardened steel (BO-988), dot impacted and treated with dark PVD within. The 7 sapphire gems permit a view on a few parts of the Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière: one over the dial, one on the back to show the development, 2 on the sides to uncover the development and the force hold pointer and 3 for the tourbillon, including a 90° cambered one. The shape is decidedly present day and uncommon, something fundamental nowadays, to stand apart of the horde of imaginative, current watchmakers.
Time is shown traditionally by 3 hands on a roundabout dial. This dial is made of a translucent-dim covered sunken sapphire circle on which are printed long and meager mallet markers. This shape and plan of the dial is suggestive of the 1960s/1970s German and Italian mechanical plan –, for example, the top gem that helps us to remember an old semiconductor TV screen.
As said previously, the Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière comes with a fascinating complication called ‘dead-beat second’, a mechanical framework where the recycled acts like the one on a quartz watch – a moment bounce each second rather than a consistent run over the dial. The decision of a loser second is a decent recognition for the 1970s period and to the quartz watches that at long last covered the brand, such a ‘nose thumb‘ to what exactly killed Angelus. Another cool detail: the circle of the second hand’s counterweight perfectly lines up with the logo at 6 when passing precisely 12 o’clock.
The Angelus U10 Tourbillon Lumière is a surprising recognition for a torpid brand, more known for its chronographs than for super top of the line and unordinary watches. Nonetheless, while relaunching the brand, Manufacture La Joux-Perret chose to utilize the imaginative and pioneer soul as opposed to playing on the vintage pattern. This first endeavor of another Angelus is great and that’s obviously a watch that we need to see on our wrists soon, at Baselworld 2015.
The U10 Tourbillon Lumière is accessible in a restricted release of 25 pieces in hardened steel, which dispatches the Angelus Urban collection.
- Calibre A100, one-minute flying tourbillon development Hand-wound
- Jewels: 38
- Dimensions: 52.10 mm x 30.40 mm
- Thickness: 7.50 mm
- Power hold: 90 h, twofold barrel
- Frequency: 2.5Hz/18,000 vph
- Tourbillon: 16.25 mm confine width, Swiss switch escapement, screwed offset and hairspring with Breguet overcoil
- Functions: hours, minutes, focal bum seconds, one-minute flying tourbillon, straight force hold indication
- Movement improvement: nickel-silver development, rhodium treated with haute horlogerie completing: silk completed fundamental plate with laser engraved example, glossy silk completed extensions with chamfered and cleaned edges, plate dial side with sunray silk finish, round silk completed wheels, screws with slanted and reflect cleaned heads, two laser-engraved and plated ratchets
- Tourbillon completing: globule impacted and silk completed titanium tourbillon connect, whole tourbillon confine with hand-chamfered and cleaned edges and either glossy silk completed or reflect cleaned surfaces
- Colour: clear dim covered curved sapphire and dark external ring
- Double white (C1) Super-LumiNova specks at 12 o’clock
- Single white (C1) Super-LumiNova specks at 3, 6 & 9 o’clock
- Hour, minute & power save hands: brushed-completed, rhodium-treated, with dark Super-LumiNova that sparkles blue in the dark
- Dead beat seconds hand: white lacquered
- Material: BO-988 explicit tempered hardened steel, dot impacted and treated with dark PVD on the inside
- Dimensions: 62.75 mm x 38 mm
- Thickness: 15 mm including sapphire crystals
- Sapphire gems: 7 altogether, treated with against intelligent covering Back: see-however sapphire crystal
- Water-safe: 30 m
Strap and buckle
- Strap: hand-sewed dark crocodile leather
- Buckle: hardened steel collapsing buckle
Limitation and reference
- Limited release: 25 pieces
- Reference: 0LUAS.B01A.C001F