Recently, we showed a Kari Voutilainen GMT-6 with an interesting (and eminent) engraved Art-Deco dial. What you need to comprehend with the watches fabricated by Kari is that we’re discussing appropriate in-house, hand-made, hand-completed articles. A long way from promoting talks here, this man isn’t just a watchmaker, he is also a cautious craftsman. His most recent creation reflects by and by this authority. It is called the Kari Voutilainen GMR and it could easily stand for Grand-Master-Range.
The new Kari Voutilainen GMR is about this. It could be the most recent version of the assortment, nothing in the best approach to fabricate these watches had changed since the presentation of the absolute first Kari Voutilainen. One thing is certain, it would appear that a Kari Voutilainen, it smells like a Kari Voutilainen and it wears like a Kari Voutilainen – something we won’t complain about. It takes after a Kari Voutilainen GMT-6 with however one oddity: a force save marker situated at 12.
One of the thing to know anyway is that a watch by Kari Voutilainen is just about a remarkable item. This new Kari Voutilainen GMR may look recognizable, the dial for example is all new. It comes with a hand-guilloché design with applied Roman numerals and the classic ‘mega pomme’ hands. It includes an auxiliary dial at 6 that gives two signs: a little second on the internal track and pointed with a silver hand and a subsequent time-region with 24-hour scale on the external track pointed by a red hand. This subsequent time-region can undoubtedly be set by the crown with 1-hour increases, all together not to liberate the primary time-region. The novelty here is the force hold check at 12 with a retrograde hand.
Another thing about watches fabricated by Kari is that the base development may be the equivalent, the complications are not added on the highest point of it yet straightforwardly coordinated in it. It implies that we’re talking each time about a pristine development, with another design. That’s what happened when he dispatched the GMT-6 . The base was equivalent to the Voutilainen Twenty-8 but the GMT complication was integrated in it. Here, with the new Voutilainen GMR, the story is the equivalent. The force hold work is coordinated. It’s not that frequently that a watchmaker is glad to show what is under the dial. So for once, set aside the effort to take a gander at the manner in which these complications work – and furthermore respect how the development is done, even the parts taken cover behind the motor turned dial.
The Kari Voutilainen GMR comes with a 39mm case and in a decision of a few materials: white gold, rose gold just as platinum. The dial is additionally accessible in white with blued hands and applied numerals. This watch will be made in a restricted run of 12 pieces as it were. The gold version is valued at 108.000 Swiss Francs.
More subtleties on Kari’s site
- Hand wound development, Voutilainen type produced using German silver. 250 sections, Geneva stripes embellishment, hand chamfered inclines and development is rhodium plated.
- Hours, Minutes, GMT in 24 hour sign and force save indication.
- Movement width is 30mm.
- Free sprung, produced using CuBe (with Grossman inside bend and Philips outside bend). Measurement of equilibrium wheel is 13.50 mm.
- 28 jewels.
- Gold and steel.
- Solid silver, motor turned by hand.
- Case is accessible in white and rose gold also in platinum, case distance across is 39mm.
- Sapphire glass front and back, with hostile to reflection treatment. Coordinating tang clasp and crocodile strap.
- Limited creation of 12 pieces.
- All producing, development, manufacture, hand completing and get together are done in the Voutilainen workshop.