Just after the delivery by TAG Heuer of its Carrera Nismo Caliber 16 Chronograph , it’s the ideal opportunity for another assembling, additionally known for their collection of watches propelled by hustling vehicles, to declare another watch, and the prolonged partnership with one of the groups drew in at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Here is the Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II Chronograph that commends the second year of the milestone organization among Oris and Audi Sport. The outcome is a sporty chronograph dedicated to the already rewarded Audi R18 e-tron Quattro (champ in 2014).
The fight between dashing groups and their supporters won’t just be on the track of Le Mans yet additionally on the wrists this year, as, frankly, the TAG Heuer Carrera Nismo Caliber 16 Chronograph and this new Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II Chronograph share a ton of particulars, both for the plan and the mechanics. The Oris shouldn’t be underestimated however, as it has a few contentions to dominate the race, beginning with a long history of creating elite motorsport watches, with a legacy that can be followed back to the 1970 Chronoris . The new Audi Sport Limited Edition II Chronograph is the most recent in the line. Much the same as a dashing vehicle, it’s work to be as light and as solid as could be expected, and is loaded with a progression of precisely basic yet pleasant features.
The Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II Chronograph includes a 44mm case (like the TAG Heuer referenced ), made of titanium (like the TAG Heuer) with screw-in treated steel crown and hardened steel pushers. All the parts are covered in dark with DLC and a few red accents can be found on the dial (logo, chronograph hand, little second marker), again a shading plan comparable to the TAG Heuer Nismo.
The dial is work around a roundabout brushed plate, with dark and grained applied numerals, loaded up with dark radiant material. At 12 sits a large minute counter, with a basic however smart commencement scale. The stabilizer of the moment hand is utilized on an isolated scale, moved on from 10 to 0 and that will help race drivers to envision that beginning of the race. This element may very well be another printing and nothing mechanical, it’s shrewdly thought. Same goes for the little second marker at 9, as it is shown in a straight window and fills in as a retrograde check – Simple however very cool.
The Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II Chronograph highlights two particular scales. The first is a tachymeter, situated on the inward rib of the dial. The subsequent one is a 60-miunte clock engraved on the brushed fired supplement of the bi-directional turning bezel. In this way, the driver and proprietor will actually want to ascertain timespan and normal speeds.
Inside the Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II Chronograph ticks the type Oris 778, in light of a Sellita SW 500 (a clone of the Valjoux 7750), which means a hearty programmed chronograph development that brags 42 hours power save – this is again a common detail with the TAG Heuer Nismo . For the occasion, the race among Oris and TAG is tight, very tight.
As the details and the plan are close, the central matter to choose who’s going to be the champ will be the cost, as Oris proposes this Audi Sport Limited Edition II for 3.600 Euros (versus 4.750 Euros for TAG). There may be a champ here. Sorry Nismo, yet it appears to be that Audi is again in the situation to dominate the race this year – or will it be the Porsches and along these lines, the Chopard Superfast ?
The Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition II will be worn by Audi Sport drivers during the 2015 season, and is limited to 2,000 pieces. It will be accessible in June 2015.
- Automatic development Oris Cal. 778, in view of Sellita SW 500, with Chronograph capacity, and day and date work at 3 o’clock
- Multi-piece titanium case, screw-in treated steel crown and tempered steel pushers, all with dark DLC covering. Water impervious to 10 bar/100m
- Bi-turning dark ceramic bezel with minute scale and elastic covered ‘great hold’ embed outwardly edge
- Sapphire precious stone domed on the two sides and with hostile to intelligent covering on both sides
- Special engraved titanium case back with dark DLC covering and engraved limited number
- Two piece matt dark dial. Dial ring with tachymeter scale straightforwardly collected to the case. Second and moment counters.
- Applied numerals loaded up with dark Super-LumiNova. Dark cleaned nickel hour and moment hands with Super-LumiNova trim; focal seconds and sub-dial counter hands dressed in red.
- Special retrograde little seconds show at 9 o’clock created by Oris
- Black punctured cowhide dashing lash with dark DLC covered titanium folding clasp
- Retail Price 3.600 Euros