Being a piece of the Monochrome-Watches’ group; we get posed numerous inquiry yet there is one inquiry that comes frequently to my ears. How might you depict the distinction between a fine watch and a legitimate top of the line watch (at the end of the day, what is Haute Horlogerie)? Better than words (regardless of whether it’s a subject we’ll get back on later, in a long article), view a watches fabricated by Laurent Ferrier , De Bethune , Philippe Dufour or Kari Voutilainen may well assist you with drawing an answer. This additionally goes for a watch coming out of Romain Gauthier’s mind – and his most recent creation, made along with the Brazilian artist Kakau Höfke is no exemption for the standard. Here is a view on the Romain Gauthier Logical One Secret Kakau Höfke.
For this joint effort and to make this piece of “Métiers d’Arts”, Romain Gauthier collaborated with someone he knows for certain years. Kakau Höfke is a Brazilian craftsman and a long-term companion of the Gauthier family, liable for planning the Romain Gauthier logo when the brand was established in 2005. For this one of a kind piece, the Romain Gauthier Logical One becomes “Secret”, as its dial is halfway covered up by a 18k white gold cover, it-self decorated with a modernist portrayal of Rio de Janeiro. Originally including in her arrangement of acrylic-on-material works of art, Höfke’s particular depiction of her local city Rio not just summons Corcovado – the famous mountain on which gladly stands the “Christ the Redeemer” sculpture – yet in addition the example that highlights on the promenade (calçada) lining Ipanema sea shore. The unbalanced time sub-dial and the little second sub-dial are likewise embellished with this equivalent example, making a persistent scenery.
This landscape of Rio de Janeiro comprises 352 one of a kind, reflect cleaned, small tiles of jade and agate – every one 0.5mm meager and carefully hand-completed and hand-applied – make up this miniature marquetry, which required three months of work to make. The complexity of the marquetry is even underlined by the bombé profile of the cover and twofold layer of tiles. “Light and dull tiles cut from a similar lavender jade stone structure the Ipanema promenade design; tiles cut from blue agate compose the Corcovado landscape. Where the two themes cover, the cover has been carefully recessed to accommodate a second layer of tiles, with the ethereal straightforwardness of the blue agate permitting the lavender jade marquetry beneath to remain visible.”
This cover, anyway wonderful it is, shrouds another magnificence: the interesting and in-house development (that highlights conceivably one of the most accomplished completing at any point seen). The fundamental specificity of this development is to feature a chain-and-fusee style steady power framework with ruby chain joins and ergonomic press button winding framework (winding isn’t done routinely by means of the crown yet with such a pusher on the left half of the case). The equilibrium wheel is exceptionally noticeable on the dial side and, similar to the remainder of the pieces that compose this development; it’s special to this watch.
In terms of execution, we’re at the actual top of what watchmaking can offer. The development of the Romain Gauthier Logical One was totally imagined, created, planned, delivered, adorned, gathered and managed by Manufacture Romain Gauthier. It highlights bespoke stuff wheels with effortless roundabout arms for greatest inflexibility, exceptional force measure hand iced spans, high proficiency gear teeth profile (patent forthcoming), cleaned screw heads with particular S-space for more length/less slip and an offset wheel with bended arms and aligned erratic loads. All the edges of the scaffolds are exceptionally cleaned by hand with inward points (and to address the absolute first inquiry, this is an illustration of VERY HIGHEST Haute Horlogerie).
The Romain Gauthier Logical one Secret Kakau Höfke is a special piece, made as a feature of Manufacture Romain Gauthier’s 10th commemoration festivities. It is accompanied by an extraordinary acrylic-on-material Rio de Janeiro fine art that Kakau Höfke painted particularly to complement the watch. More subtleties on the authority site .
Features and indications
- Intricate stone miniature marquetry variation of Kakau Höfke’s Rio de Janeiro work of art on white gold cover and subdials
- Movement highlights chain-and-fusee style consistent power framework, press button winding and standout hand finishing
- Hours, minutes, little seconds and 46-hour power save indicator
Stone miniature marquetry on white gold cover and hour and moment subdials
- No. of lavender jade tiles: 270
- No. of blue agate tiles: 82
- Tiles cut by laser at that point changed, completed and applied by hand at Olivier Vaucher’s atelier
Dial and hands
- Lavender jade marquetry on hour and moment subdials
- Skeletonised hour and moment turns in 18k white gold
- Solid little seconds hand in 18k white gold
- Subdials fixed through Romain Gauthier cleaned screw with particular s-slot
- In-house make movement
- Dimensions: 35.5mm x 10.5mm
- Power save: 46 hours
- Number of gems: 37 in development, 34 for chain
- Number of components: 357
- Balance recurrence: 28,800 vph/4Hz
- Movement plates and extensions: titanium, hardened steel and brass
- Movement finish: palladium-treated
- Finishing: Highest level haute horlogerie completing the process of, including hand-cleaned screws and gem subsets; hand-inclined and hand-cleaned spans and plates
Case and strap
- Case material: 18k white gold
- Dimensions: 43mm x 15mm
- Water opposition: 30m/3atm/100ft
- Sapphire precious stone with hostile to reflection covering front and show back
- Crown for time-setting at 2 o’clock
- Push button for twisting at 9 o’clock
- Pusher for opening cover at 4 o’clock
- Strap and clasp: crocodile calfskin tie hand-sewed in Switzerland with 18k white gold pin buckle