Ressence , a Belgian brand (indeed, watches are planned in Belgium yet Swiss made), is truly what we can call UNUSUAL. The first, the Ressence Type 1 was at that point a serious inquisitive watch, with a novel method to demonstrate time – a rotating dial with coordinated subdials that likewise move around. after 2 years, in 2013, the brand returned with the astonishing Ressence Type 3 (where is the Type 2…?), this time a truly extraordinary and strange UFO. For baselworld 2015, here is the refreshed release of the Ressence Type 3, with Oil Temperature Gauge.
The first impact of the Ressence Type 3 is visual. Regardless of whether it is a mechanical watch, the Ressence Type 3 brings the hallucination of seeing signs show up straightforwardly printed or projected on the sapphire precious stone – an impact that is reinforced by the articulated bend of the glass and a ‘water drop’ impact that highlights the dark/white differentiation of the dial. Much the same as the Ressence Type 1 , the Type 3 demonstrates time through a progression of turning circles – a fundamental one for the minutes and circling planetary sub dials for quite a long time, seconds and days of the week. Since the whole dial pivots, all planetary sub dials will turn with it, while pivoting around their own hub as well. One of the curiosity compared to the Type 1 is the date include that lounges around the dial, pointed by an orange triangle at 6.
How does this watch works? It requires a few creative features:
- The ROSC (Ressence Orbital Convex System). It comprises of a top module that activates the plates and orbiting planetary sub dials. It is composed of 158 sections, 35 cog wheels and 52 gems. For antimagnetic and lightweight purposes, all components are in titanium grade 5 except for the gears.
- A explicit design blending a mechanical movement, micro-attractive fields and oil. It comprises of three principle components: the focal segment produced using a titanium grade 5 plate that coordinates the carries for the wristband; the upper segment with the ROCS lowered in oil; and the lower segment lodging the development (a straightforward and strong programmed ETA 2824) and the winding/setting system. The moment data is transmitted from the development to the ROSC (the top module) via micro-attractive fields (the remainder of the circles are moving by means of pinion wheels). The development is completely fixed toward fluids (by an airtight titanium grade 5 membrane, due to the oil in the top module) and toward attractive fields – through a faraday cage.
- A winding and setting component without a crown. the entire sapphire caseback can pivot inside a metal roller confine. The development can be hand-twisted by turning the caseback clockwise. To set the date, you’ll need to turn it hostile to timing astute. Time can be set one or the other way. More to see here, with the primary version of the Ressence Type 3 .
One of the best accomplishment if this Ressence Type 3 is to make the hallucination of an advanced/screen-like presentation. The hands (that are imprinted on circles) appear to be projected straightforwardly onto the sapphire gem. This impact is because of the oil contained into the ROSC module. In view of the shortfall of room between the dial and the precious stone, there are no 3D impact and almost no reflections – due to the disposal of light refraction between the circles and the sapphire gem. The top module is to be sure loaded up with 35.2ml of oil (luckily the development is fixed and ensured) that makes this novel visual effect.
However, oil is sensible to temperature varieties and thus, the Ressence Type 3 includes seven howls that compensate for oil’s extension or constriction. The 2015 version of the Ressence Type 3 anyway comes with a mechanical warm check that demonstrates when the watch performs at its best – the sign is very intelligible, with a blue zone showing that oil is too chilly, a white zone where oil is at the correct temperature and a red zone that demonstrates that oil is excessively hot. This check is composed of a 0.5 mm bi-metal twisting that is mounted 0.1 mm under the discs.
For the rest, the Ressence Type 3 highlights the minutes on the bigger circle, the hours in a devoted sub-dial (at 5 here), the day of the week (here at 8:30) and a sprinter (A sub-dial that makes a full altercation 360 seconds – here at 1). Price is 29.500 Euros (Ex. taxes).
For more subtleties, kindly visit Ressence .
- Functions: Hours, minutes, sprinter (360 seconds) – date and day of the week – oil temperature
- Case: Polished titanium grade 5 or matt titanium grade 5 with DLC covering – Domed sapphire gem top and base with the two sides against intelligent covering – 44mm (distance across) x 15mm (thickness) – 3 ATM water-resistant
- Dial: Convex titanium grade 5 dial (125mm span) – four whimsical biaxial satellites slanted at 3° (hours), 4.75° (warm measure and day) and 6.25° (sprinter) – Engraved and Super-LumiNova filled indexes
- Movement: Patented ROCS3.2 (Ressence Orbital Convex System) – Oil drenching, miniature attractive fields, roars, warm measure – Crownless winding and date/day/time setting instrument – Self-winding – 36 hours power save – 28,800 vibrations each hour – 77 gems – 44 gears – 347 Components – 75 grams
- Buckle/strap: 22mm titanium grade 5 pin clasp – Barenia leather