It’s not frequently that we talk about customized watches here, at Monochrome-Watches. Brands typically don’t care for this training that comprises in changing a few visual or specialized parts of one of their pieces. We likewise don’t cover them in view of the vibe of such customizations – usually fully dark or completely cleared with precious stones. Such customization cycles can even bring about this loathsomeness . Nonetheless, in some cases, reseller’s exchange changes can prompt legitimate delights like the Heritage Submariner by Project X Designs or this new Tempus Machina Ref. 216A, a customized Rolex Submariner suggestive of the Ref. 6538.
What Tempus Machina does with its customized Rolex Submariner is taking the most awesome aspect the two universes, depending on the standard strength, comfort and nature of the advanced Rolex Submariner Ceramic no-date Ref. 114060 and modifying the grave look by adding several components suggestive of the vintage Rolex Submariner ref. 6538 (like this one ). Everything from the state of the case, the crown, the bezel, the gem, the dial, the hands or the markers are modified yet not changed. Each certified part is as yet utilized however all are exceptionally customized (with the exception of the sapphire gem that is a secondary selling one, manufactured to special specifications).
Everything begins with another and genuine Rolex Submariner Ceramic no-date Ref. 114060, acquired, fresh out of the plastic new and unworn, from Authorized Rolex Dealers. At that point starts the customization interaction – and the rundown of the mods is very long. As said, the objective of Tempus Machina with the Ref. 216A is to offer the vibe of a Submariner 6538 with present day specs. Wearing such vintage watches isn’t generally conceivable – strength, dependability and water-resistance are debatable, finding the parts are complicated, the inclination and comfort are not the equivalent lastly, the cost of such rarities is frequently great. The option is to make a cutting edge Sub seems as though a vintage Sub, accordingly making an every day mixer with a shocking design.
Here is the rundown of the modifications:
- Shaving the case to eliminate the crown guards – putting forth the defense estimating 39.5mm rather than 40mm
- Creating slants on the hauls and carry holes – The carries are marginally diminished, and spring bar openings are bored. Inclines are cut and cleaned thereafter.
- Changing the crown for a new-old-stock (unworn, unused and Rolex authentic) Brevet crown – a.k.a large crown since estimating 8mm
- Modifying the supplement of the bezel – The Cerachrom embed stays the first one. Notwithstanding, the glowing pearl at 12 is eliminated and the triangular wretchedness is then loaded up with red porcelain enamel.
- Modifying the bezel – The bezel’s profile with huge indents is changed. The unique bezel from the 114060 Rolex submariner is etched to shape the coin-edge profile, much the same as early Subs.
- Replacing the crystal – the first level gem from the 114060 is taken out and changed for a domed one, suggestive of the vintage Plexiglas included on early Submariner. This is the just secondary selling part.
- Redesigning the dial – The industrial facility dial is stripped, cleaned, the applied markers are eliminated and afterward this cleaned dial utilized as a base to be modified.
The dial itself has the right to be clarified. On vintage Rolex Submariners, the dials were explicit because the composing, minute markers and section ring was not printed, however were truth be told under the dark aroused layer, looking through in negative alleviation. A similar strategy is utilized here. The outcome is a dial that utilizes plated inscriptions (for the logo, the moment track and around the markers) with painted squares as markers rather than applied plots. The profundity rating is additionally motivated by old fashioned Submariners, showing just 300/1000 and in red like some exceptionally uncommon Subs – like the one here . The hands are additionally cleaned from the blue brilliant material, at that point gold-plated and loaded up with old style Super-Luminova that coordinates the indexes.
Frankly, the outcome is staggering. The appearance of this customized Rolex Submariner by Tempus Machina is exactly what an enormous piece of the in-your-face authorities are longing for. Regardless of whether we’re taking a gander at the plan or the nature of the subtleties, the outcome is splendid. Nonetheless, there are not many things to realize when beginning to have some interest for customized watches. The first is the cost of such top to bottom alteration. In the event that a Rolex Submariner 114060 is valued at 6.500 Euros, this Tempus Machina Ref. 216A costs 25.000 USD. At that point, you must know that Rolex will most likely not acknowledge this watch for administration and that the guarantee will be negated. Hopefully, Tempus Machina will give any adjusting prerequisites identified with flawed developments for a time of 1 year after your request is conveyed. More subtleties and orders on tempus-machina.com .
These two perspectives are the cost to pay to appreciate a gorgeous looking and practically remarkable (restricted to 50 pieces) Rolex Submariner – and don’t fail to remember that a vintage Rolex Submariner 6538 will cost you at least 35.000 USD and up to 200.000 USD for uncommon releases without being a watch that you can undoubtedly wear on an every day basis.